Florida Journeyman Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conrad

Forgive me if my post is redundant or in the wrong forum, I spent a while searching and didn't find what I was looking for.

I have been out of the industry for quite a few years now but have kept my licenses active.
I talked to a building official office today and learned there may be new rules coming our way as far as State Licensing for Journeyman Electricians??
I am speaking specifically about Florida.

I also heard there were laws in place as far as a current requirement on industrial / commercial work?

Can anyone advise me of the current workings ig. Some counties are now checking cards, or enforcing a ratio?

Thanks, not trying to let someone else do the work for me, just saw several members were quite knowledgeable so I would get it from the horses mouth.

Conrad

Roger on the County only, it was a County building dept that told me there may be a change coming. I searched recent bills proposed and found a few creating a statewide license, none of them went anywhere through the Legislative process. It was good to read they had passed a law requiring reciprocity County to County.

I was hoping to hear how many Counties were enforcing any J licensing at all, or if any Counties were still testing. Kept my cards up all these years, wonder if it will ever be worth it.
TIA

mgookin

Roger on the County only, it was a County building dept that told me there may be a change coming. I searched recent bills proposed and found a few creating a statewide license, none of them went anywhere through the Legislative process. It was good to read they had passed a law requiring reciprocity County to County.

I was hoping to hear how many Counties were enforcing any J licensing at all, or if any Counties were still testing. Kept my cards up all these years, wonder if it will ever be worth it.
TIA

Decades ago when I wore a younger man's clothes an old man chief electrical inspector told me it was coming. It's still not here...

Status
Not open for further replies.