Articles about electrical codes in ECM web

Status
Not open for further replies.

AUGUSTINE

On going through the article in ECM Web ,I have the following queries ,much obliged if you could kindly clarify Ques 1 : For Air conditioning and referigeration equipment , August 15th 2013 article , in fig 1 . per 440.14 it is marked as violation - is it because the nameplate is obscured ??

Ques 2 : In the same article , for branch overcurrent and ground fault protection , I have come across comprressors in which the manufacturer also mentions the LRA (locked rotor ampere) apart from RLA (rated load ampere) , how will LRA affect the
a.Disconnector means rating
b.branch circuit conductor
c.branch circuit protection

Ques 3 : In article ,The NEC and Communications circuits ,July 15th ,2013 ,I read under "DIAL W for Workmanship "
You can support raceways and cables by independant support wires attached to the suspended cieling 300.11 , don't use the cieling -support .....
can you please explain because my understanding is the cieling grid is on which the suspended cieling is resting is the same .

Ques 4 : In article "Stop fire from spreading " , it is mentioned REMOVE ABANDONED CABLES , remove from the accessible portion (800.2) what do you mean by accessible portion ?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Ques 3 : In article ,The NEC and Communications circuits ,July 15th ,2013 ,I read under "DIAL W for Workmanship "
You can support raceways and cables by independant support wires attached to the suspended cieling 300.11 , don't use the cieling -support .....
can you please explain because my understanding is the cieling grid is on which the suspended cieling is resting is the same .

This should refer to independent support wires attached to the structural ceiling, not to the suspended ceiling.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
On going through the article in ECM Web ,I have the following queries ,much obliged if you could kindly clarify Ques 1 : For Air conditioning and referigeration equipment , August 15th 2013 article , in fig 1 . per 440.14 it is marked as violation - is it because the nameplate is obscured ??

No, because the disconnect is inside the room out of sight from the equipment. The thing on the wall is an LB.

Ques 4 : In article "Stop fire from spreading " , it is mentioned REMOVE ABANDONED CABLES , remove from the accessible portion (800.2) what do you mean by accessible portion ?

Accessible: not requiring knocking down walls or cutting ceiling to get at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.