Manufactur Quality Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifty60

Is ABB known throughout the Industry for "quality" products? When you see ABB, do you think "that it is a solid dependable product?" How does it compare in the industry to Siemans, Eaton, Sprecher etc. What do you think are top or low quality brands? Are they mostly all close to par with each other?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Is ABB known throughout the Industry for "quality" products? When you see ABB, do you think "that it is a solid dependable product?" How does it compare in the industry to Siemans, Eaton, Sprecher etc. What do you think are top or low quality brands? Are they mostly all close to par with each other?

IMO, for the most part the major brands are comparable in quality. The people putting out junk are mostly long gone.

In reality, many of these companies sell products that are the same part just rebranded, so there is no need to sell junk when you can just rebrand a decent product. Customers have very little patience with junk these days.

ABB has been making a very serious effort to break into the control market in the US. Their pricing on some things is pretty impressive. If you can get in on this pricing structure, you are going to get products for less than anyone else will sell them to you. I am not privy to their price lists as we are not tied to them, but my understanding is that they are very favorable. However, I also heard from a former ABB sales person recently that they are looking at their pricing schemes a little closer as some of them don't make a lot of sense economically. Who knows how long the favorable prices will last.

For an example - I have heard one can get a small ABB through the door fused disconnect switch for around $10 if you are a favored customer. We are paying somewhat more for them for our customers that like ABB since we are not favored.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
IMO, for the most part the major brands are comparable in quality. The people putting out junk are mostly long gone.

In reality, many of these companies sell products that are the same part just rebranded, so there is no need to sell junk when you can just rebrand a decent product. Customers have very little patience with junk these days.

ABB has been making a very serious effort to break into the control market in the US. Their pricing on some things is pretty impressive. If you can get in on this pricing structure, you are going to get products for less than anyone else will sell them to you. I am not privy to their price lists as we are not tied to them, but my understanding is that they are very favorable. However, I also heard from a former ABB sales person recently that they are looking at their pricing schemes a little closer as some of them don't make a lot of sense economically. Who knows how long the favorable prices will last.

For an example - I have heard one can get a small ABB through the door fused disconnect switch for around $10 if you are a favored customer. We are paying somewhat more for them for our customers that like ABB since we are not favored.

Godd to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.