Kitchen appliance circs......not kitchen appliance circs.......15 amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritelec

My question,
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
The two or more kitchen appliance circs "can" also feed dining room etc.........
If I just want to install receptacles in the dining room or other areas listed to use the two appliance 'kitchen'" 20 amp circs......there should be no reason
why those receptacles could not be on 15 amp circs as long as those circs don't touch the kitchen....Right?

While I'm at it........in the kitchen, would "all" the receptacles have to be considered as the two or more appliance circs...
meaning walls that will never see appliances.......could 15 amp receptacle circs enter a kitchen (not just the fridge)?

Thank you.

Rich

jumper

Nope. Read it again.;)

Any 15 amp (non fridge circuit or dedicated appliance) circuit needs to be not a receptacle, or 240V, or a in a space covered by the exceptions.

Any general wall or countertop receptacle is a SABC rec.

Last edited:

ritelec

Nope. Read it again.;)

I'll read it again............

Was your nope to both parts of the question?
Or just the second part.............................

I will actually be adding recepts to a dining room and was curious if 15 is ok.....I will read.

Thank you.......................

jumper

I'll read it again............

Was your nope to both parts of the question?
Or just the second part.............................

I will actually be adding recepts to a dining room and was curious if 15 is ok.....I will read.

Thank you.......................

Nope to both parts.

In short, all general wall and counter top receptacles in a dining room and kitchen are SABC recs.

Status
Not open for further replies.