EMT Bending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squantum

Hello,I am trying to figure how to bend the following piece of 1/2" EMT,using the push through method. From left to right 12" stub 90, then a 6" offset followed by a 12" stub 90. The offset lays flat on the floor thus allowing the (2) stub 90 to stand up on their own. Can someone lay out this? I am unsure of what to do with the measurements between the 90's.

Thanks in advance

Roupus

how much distance do you want between your 90 degree bends? Do you want your offset centered between these 90's. Anyway you would bend your 12 inch stub by measuring 12 inches from the end of the pipe and subtracting 5 inches and now make your bend on this mark. Now measure from the back of your 90 and put your first mark for your offset where you need it, I don't know the angle you want for your offset so lets just say it is 30 degrees so add 12 inches from your first offset mark. When you put your pipe in the bender you want to bend away from your last bend, so when standing behind your bender you will be looking at your 90 degree stub. You will want your stub to be laying on its side when you make your first bend (I don't know which way you want your offset to go so make sure you have the stub laying on its correct side) bend the pipe to 30 degree mark and slide the pipe up to your next mark turn the pipe so your stub is now facing the opposite way and bend the pipe to 30 degrees. Now all you have to do is bend your last 90 again bend away from your previous bends and figure out what the total distance needs to be for your pipe so measure from the back of your first 90 to the back of the second 90 mark that out on your pipe and subtract the 5 inches for half inch put it in your bender, if your bending on the ground make sure your stub is facing up and if your bending with the bender standing up make sure the stub is facing down.

Last edited:

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
how much distance do you want between your 90 degree bends? Do you want your offset centered between these 90's
And if the distance between the 90's is short enough, are you specifying the distance between the 90's as the crow flies or parallel to the direction of the conduit runs on either side of the offset?

Squantum

Thanks for your reply.Total length is six feet,and the offset is 30 degrees. Offset must be center. I was trying to follow a method and am confused about the subtraction for gain of the 90.

Thanks

nicholaaaas

Hello,I am trying to figure how to bend the following piece of 1/2" EMT,using the push through method. From left to right 12" stub 90, then a 6" offset followed by a 12" stub 90. The offset lays flat on the floor thus allowing the (2) stub 90 to stand up on their own. Can someone lay out this? I am unsure of what to do with the measurements between the 90's.

Thanks in advance

bend your first 90, bend your offset, figure out the distance between your 90's make that from the first 90, turn the bender around and bend your next 90 facing away from the first one on the STAR

Status
Not open for further replies.