Uploading excel sheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I have removed all links. I have no problem with the spreadsheet but it appears to be used for other purposes when there is proselitizing messages at the bottom. Please remove the message and re-post the link. I have no problem with religion but our rules do not allow it. Hope everyone understands.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I get the file you are trying to open is a different format than the file ext. The file ext is xls however I say open anyway and then it says it is password protected

ronaldrc

I get the file you are trying to open is a different format than the file ext. The file ext is xls however I say open anyway and then it says it is password protected

Thanks for trying Dennis.

I just down loaded the latest version of Open office and the file works fine with it, it should work with excel.

You are able to download to your computer from my site right?
And then it says you need a pass word to open it ,right?

Ronald :)

JDBrown

Occupation
Electrical Engineer
FWIW, I'm getting the same error as Dennis. I can download the file, but when I try to open it I get a warning stating that the file extension has been changed (or something to that effect). When I click "Open it anyway," I get a different pop-up that says the file is password protected.

(If this site had a :shrug: smiley, I would insert it here.)

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
FWIW, I'm getting the same error as Dennis. I can download the file, but when I try to open it I get a warning stating that the file extension has been changed (or something to that effect). When I click "Open it anyway," I get a different pop-up that says the file is password protected.

Still getting it also What version is this file saved as.

ronaldrc

Still getting it also What version is this file saved as.

It is suppose to be a XLS file and compatible for excel.

Did the file download to your computer from my site?
Its not telling you you need a password to download with is it?

If it downloaded to your drive it should open.

If so It should open in open office or excel.

I'm still using XP

I will try it on my better halfs lap top it is a windows 7.

ronaldrc

I' sorry JD its not that big a deal

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
It is suppose to be a XLS file and compatible for excel.

Did the file download to your computer from my site?
Its not telling you you need a password to download with is it?

If it downloaded to your drive it should open.

If so It should open in open office or excel.

I'm still using XP

I will try it on my better halfs lap top it is a windows 7.

It still says exactly what it did before. It opens excel but says it is password protected and file you are trying to open is a different format than the file ext.

ronaldrc

It still says exactly what it did before. It opens excel but says it is password protected and file you are trying to open is a different format than the file ext.

Dennis I tried to open the file on windows 7 and got the same error messages you got in excel.

I down loaded the latest version of Open Office to the lap top windows 7 and both files My and the Original worked fine.

I do like Open Office very much and the price is right in line for what I can afford.

Although if you don't think you will use this file I wouldn't recommend down loading Open Office, its very large 75 mb. and your virus protection goes wild when down loading it.

I don't know this but I bet it would do the same thing when downloading Excel.

ronaldrc

It opens fine with Open Office. I use Google Chrome

That's what I have been using it takes forever for Facebook to down load with Ie but with Chrome a large Facebook site will load in a couple of minutes.

Of course my computer is as old as I am in computer years, but I don't want to go there. Less just say its over ten years. Last I heard a computer is Seven to One human years.

Status
Not open for further replies.