"Complete LED Solutions"

Status
Not open for further replies.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Anyone had any experience with this company and their LED fixtures ?
Their website is of little help
(Fixture comes with no provisions for protecting 120v line terminals)

mgookin

When I google your thread title I get two similar hits; one with an "s" at the end and one without the "s". The one with the "s" won't open. The one without is a junk site where nothing works. Do you have a model number, link or something else we can identify it by?

Do you have a complete fixture, or an insert to convert a HID to an LED?

mgookin

2800 North Flagler Drive
Suite 907
West Palm Beach,
Florida 33407

Telephone: 561-537-1930

If that's them I'm sure they'll take your call. They want the product installed to everyone's satisfaction.

mgookin

Lots of folks to be wary of these days.

I deal with a lot of lighting manufacturers (we make outdoor light controls) including two of the three largest in the world on down to the smaller upstarts and many in between. There's lots of scamming coming out of China on LED's - pure junk being passed off as legitimate. The manufacturers have to be careful and the naive get taken all the time. It's a painful education for them. If you're going to do LED installs, I'd stick to name brands or brands you know. If a customer supplies them, you may want to guarantee power to the luminaire only. Just a heads up.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
The components I see so far are all "made in China"
I have a call into the manufacturer.
The original install didn't make sense but it appears the E/C was installing reto fits as complete fixtures.

Not a Retro Fit LED Kit

Not a Retro Fit LED Kit

The components I see so far are all "made in China"
I have a call into the manufacturer.
The original install didn't make sense but it appears the E/C was installing reto fits as complete fixtures.

The listed picture is of a driver and light engine for a high bay light, this is a complete LED light fixture not a retrofit. A lot of LED lights come from China with many built to the specifications and designs of US companies. Until the EPA and our federal government gets out of the way of allowing manufacturing to proceed in our country, the USA will not recover as a major manufacturing country, thus forcing US companies to have their product manufactured over seas.

sparkycoog

With LED lights, it's pretty much the wild wild west out there. As far as light bulbs go, we've had good luck with Toshiba and SATCO which cost an arm and a leg. Recently put up a Lutron system in a house that was almost fully LED lights and I gotta admit I did not know of many of the different manufacturers. The ability to dim with Lutron Maestro style dimmers is one of my biggest concern and sadly with the no-neutral Magnetic dimmers, I have not found a single bulb that can do this reliably. Electronic dimmers with a neutral do a good job however. But I digress.

jcassity

ok,, gonna do this one time.....
Now these guys do infact have LED lamp solutions,, been on the phone off and on, also building my test bench to stress out a couple before i move
on to getting further approvals.

Ron Castle
Owner
http://www.sunshineworks.com
dba Sunshine Products

401 Lynchburg Road
Winchester, Tennessee 37398 USA

D-U-N-S 004239659

+1.931.962.8665 Telephone
+1.888.878.6014 FAX
+1.931.607.1392 Mobile & SMS

roncastle@sunshineworks.com

Skype roncastle

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
It appears that "complete led solutions" products are, for the most part, bear only a CE label.
The TN State Fire Marshalls Office advises that products with only the C-E label can not be accepted
under normal circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.