Load schedule for factory

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfoote35

I am the Master of Record for the electrical license for our factory and and trying to get a handle on our loads. I would like a spreadsheet for the various panelboards and busways including loads. Things move, are added and removed quite frequently and I would like a handle on it.
Does anybody know of an excel template that would be a good starting point for what I am looking for?

rfoote35

Thanks for the reply, I can adapt that for some of the info, but I am really looking for a way to keep track of the many busways and the factory as a whole, not just a panelboard. Maybe I could adapt this as a starting point, just wondering if there is already a template that is more inline with my needs.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Thanks for the reply, I can adapt that for some of the info, but I am really looking for a way to keep track of the many busways and the factory as a whole, not just a panelboard. Maybe I could adapt this as a starting point, just wondering if there is already a template that is more inline with my needs.
I suggest making up a one-line diagram for service, transformers, disconnects, buses, feeders panelboards, etc., then panel or load schedules (and perhaps associated load calculations) for the individual and/or shared loads. The engineering community has been doing it this way for years... :p

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Already have a hard copy one-line.
Need a spreadsheet for quick and easy updating because we are changing things constantly.
Well if you are updating things constantly a "soft copy" one-line may be helpful, especially to add hyperlinks to detail files, e.g. spreadsheet(s), equipment documentation, etc. Some CAD programs support hyperlinks to external files, or perhaps use a graphics application, e.g. Visio.

I am the Master of Record for the electrical license for our factory and and trying to get a handle on our loads. I would like a spreadsheet for the various panelboards and busways including loads. Things move, are added and removed quite frequently and I would like a handle on it.
Does anybody know of an excel template that would be a good starting point for what I am looking for?

Sounds to me that you should be more concerned about the continuous updating of your protective device coordination as well as your arc-flash study. It really should be done by a qualified engineer and whatever software he may use, it would supply you with the updated lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.