how to shed a 100 amp panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltneck

how would you shed a 100 amp sub-panel feed panel from a generac transfer switch
the load shed modules are 50 amp max I believe

generator and service rated switch are existing
there are existing load shed modules for the range and dryer to get the demand just under the 17kw generator output

we are adding the sub-panel for a basement workshop that does not need to be on the gen

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
how would you shed a 100 amp sub-panel feed panel from a generac transfer switch
the load shed modules are 50 amp max I believe

generator and service rated switch are existing
there are existing load shed modules for the range and dryer to get the demand just under the 17kw generator output

we are adding the sub-panel for a basement workshop that does not need to be on the gen
You could always use a small load module to drive a contactor. Since the contactor will not be a transfer switch nor on the service side of main disconnect, there should not be any odd requirements.

kwired

Electron manager
Don't have enough details to tell you specifically how, but find a way to connect said panel ahead of the transfer switch.

nizak

Is there a means to place a 100A disconnect next to the meter base and feed it off the load side before it enters the transfer switch?

hurk27

Is there a means to place a 100A disconnect next to the meter base and feed it off the load side before it enters the transfer switch?

I think you meant feed from the normal (utility) side.

Unfortunately I have never seen a Generac transfer switch with lugs rated for two conductors, maybe tap slices would work?

Status
Not open for further replies.