no stupid questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballou

I was always told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Well I have asked the wrong people this question because I am getting different answers.
Question: If I have a grid tie PV system, and my service latteral is the only one connected to the load of the utility transformer on the pole outside. Is the power creadted by the PV system really feeding the utility back wards threw the transformer and supplimenting the utility's primary voltage?
Could you actually be producing PV power, recieving utility credit, and the power not even being a useable source of power to the utility?
I know I must be missing something please help!! :slaphead:

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I was always told the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. Well I have asked the wrong people this question because I am getting different answers.
Question: If I have a grid tie PV system, and my service latteral is the only one connected to the load of the utility transformer on the pole outside. Is the power creadted by the PV system really feeding the utility back wards threw the transformer and supplimenting the utility's primary voltage?
Could you actually be producing PV power, recieving utility credit, and the power not even being a useable source of power to the utility?
I know I must be missing something please help!! :slaphead:
Let's start here. Why would you think the power is not useable by the utility?

bballou

Let's start here. Why would you think the power is not useable by the utility?

well help me out, if my PV system is providing a finished product of 240vac, and thus back feeding 240 back to the utility grid,and the only device or connection is a step down transformer mounted on the pole outside, is that transformer converting the 240vac to primary voltage?

Status
Not open for further replies.