artical 682.11

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgodfrey

I am installing a electrical service next to a man made body of water. The service is for a stage. The service is located over ten feet away from the water. The inspector says that the datum plane article 682.11 applies. When I read the article it says to me that the electrical equipment would have to be for a floating structure and submersible electrical equipment. The way I read it does not apply, Am I interpreting this right?

mgookin

I am installing a electrical service next to a man made body of water. The service is for a stage. The service is located over ten feet away from the water. The inspector says that the datum plane article 682.11 applies. When I read the article it says to me that the electrical equipment would have to be for a floating structure and submersible electrical equipment. The way I read it does not apply, Am I interpreting this right?

Can you elevate your equipment with a stair & landing arrangement to get above the plane?

PlatFAfter.jpg

Last edited:

jgodfrey

This is a 400a service with a 112.5kva xfmr and its already installed.

mgookin

This is a 400a service with a 112.5kva xfmr and its already installed.

Then let's talk about the datum plain.
Are you convinced of all of the following:
1. It's in a floodway subject to 1% annual probablity of flooding (that would be an "A zone" up where you are).
2. A surveyor has established base flood elevation for the site.
3. Your equipment is below base flood elevation?

If you're not convinced of all of the above, you can look up the site on a flood map at www.fema.gov to see if the inspector is correct in saying it does have to be elevated.

When your equipment is above base flood elevation, it does not have to be submersible. But many POCO xfrmrs are submersible (at least down here in South Florida they are). Ask your poco about that if it's their xfrmr.

Status
Not open for further replies.