Is this misleading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
And apparently also made changes to the website so it is more clear what the price is.

and i can't think of a better place to straighten out a misunderstanding.
he'll sell some as a result of this. as he well should. and the people
giving it a go will come back with how it worked for them.... and if it's
a good program, a forum devoted to his customers can talk about it.

you can't buy that kind of advertising.

kwired

Electron manager
and i can't think of a better place to straighten out a misunderstanding.
he'll sell some as a result of this. as he well should. and the people
giving it a go will come back with how it worked for them.... and if it's
a good program, a forum devoted to his customers can talk about it.

you can't buy that kind of advertising.

Also notice he was professional about it. He made one post, apologized for any misunderstanding, made a change to his site and did not return with unnecessary comments. If he was really out there to try to rip people off he possibly would have had the bulk of the posts here and would have been feeding us a bunch of BS in most of them.

WhiteRook

Also notice he was professional about it. He made one post, apologized for any misunderstanding, made a change to his site and did not return with unnecessary comments. If he was really out there to try to rip people off he possibly would have had the bulk of the posts here and would have been feeding us a bunch of BS in most of them.

I have to agree with you. I have seen others who did just that, came back into the forum over and over, which makes me want to put them in the "NO" column when looking for a product. Sort of like Geico (sp), I am sick of those commercials and so I won't go to their site. But that is just me.

Kudos to Bill. If I get my business back up and running again, I will certainly look at his program.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
So I buy Turbo bid and I think I'm buying now for the special. The guy asks if I want to pay for it all of make monthly payments. I say monthly. He bills me full price 1395.00 He then tells me I had to pay all at once to get that price. ??????? Read his special and tell me what you think.

http://www.turbobid.net/TurboBidPricing.html

Electricblue,

I sincerely apologize if you didn't realize that the sale price applied only to the single payment plan. We try to make it very clear in the shopping cart that the special $400 discount only applies to the single payment plan. It clearly states that the single payment plan includes a special $400 discount while the payment plan does not. As was previously mentioned, payment plans typically reflect a higher price due to the additional costs and burdens incurred.

We have always strived to offer the best customer service in the industry and would never intentionally mislead anyone. I personally offer to spend whatever time is needed training our trial users on how to use TurboBid before they make a purchase. I want them to be in a position to make a knowledgeable and informed decision that TurboBid is the right solution to their estimating needs.

If you were truly confused Electricblue, please email me at BillR@TurboBid.net and I will refund your purchase.

Hello Bill,I'm not sure what you will do for the op in this case,but we can learn from this,all of us.

This is what I see as of right now by clicking the link,from what I've read the page has been changed since the OP posted this thread,Is that true I do not know.

Here is a screen shot at, 20131123-0024 EST:)

image_zps97a2a797.jpg

What I see is the great product you are selling for $995, In this-economy people are looking for a good deal,in my opinion the op saw a break for him clicked the links and did not read the fine print,he see's $995.00 that price is now what he wants to pay, And most likely after giving it some thought , pulled the trigger to buy your product,so he did just that only to find out it cost $1,395 not $995 .

As electrical contractors that use pricing systems such as yours,we must give the client the price up front without hidden charges ,and do what it takes to honor our prices.

Bill if you're going to advertise $995.00 then it is very-sleazy to expect the client to pay $1,395 in some sort of a fine print scheme .:)

kwired

Electron manager
Hello Bill,I'm not sure what you will do for the op in this case,but we can learn from this,all of us.

This is what I see as of right now by clicking the link,from what I've read the page has been changed since the OP posted this thread,Is that true I do not know.

Here is a screen shot at, 20131123-0024 EST:)

image_zps97a2a797.jpg

What I see is the great product you are selling for $995, In this-economy people are looking for a good deal,in my opinion the op saw a break for him clicked the links and did not read the fine print,he see's $995.00 that price is now what he wants to pay, And most likely after giving it some thought , pulled the trigger to buy your product,so he did just that only to find out it cost $1,395 not $995 .

As electrical contractors that use pricing systems such as yours,we must give the client the price up front without hidden charges ,and do what it takes to honor our prices.

Bill if you're going to advertise $995.00 then it is very-sleazy to expect the client to pay $1,395 in some sort of a fine print scheme .:)
The page was changed since the OP first posted. They were not necessarily trying to rip anyone off or use misleading information, but a problem was pointed out - they made a change and moved on. People do make mistakes.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer

The way the page is set up now makes it very clear (in large print!) that the price of $995.00 is valid if you make a single payment. If you go all the way through the purchase process and then decide to change it to four installments, I would not find it at all surprising that the price changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.