Rate This Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

CessnaTPA

bypynyte.jpg
saseqybe.jpg

I'd like to get other opinions on this installation a co-worker recently did. Personally feel it?s weak using unistrut and should have been welded using angle steel and channel.
Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iwire

Staff member
I'd like to get other opinions on this installation a co-worker recently did. Personally feel it?s weak using unistrut and should have been welded using angle steel and channel.

I don't see a real problem, sure it could be stronger but does it need to be?

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
I agree it is ugly but that does not mean it is a code violation.

There are different ways of doing things and I am sure you would have done a better job.

Barbqranch

Occupation
Plant maintenance electrician Semi-retired
Operator enclosure

Operator enclosure

How about that operator enclosure under the main boxes, next to the motor starter. Is that OK, considering it's condition?

John120/240

How about that operator enclosure under the main boxes, next to the motor starter. Is that OK, considering it's condition?

From the information CessnaTPA provided it is a new installation. OK but they have reused the disconnects and motor starter from a previous location. Does the rust on the starter comprise safety ? No. It might be ugly all over but it meets code IMHO.

Wattman

I give them a 10 for Creativity!

I give them a 10 for Creativity!

The place appears to be on a tight budget!

Last edited:

CessnaTPA

I agree with everyone it will work and probably meets code. But feel it's shoddy work and not done in a skilled craftsman like manner.
Sad part is there was plenty of time and money to do it better and this is the typical results.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

growler

I agree with everyone it will work and probably meets code. But feel it's shoddy work and not done in a skilled craftsman like manner.

I have worked for several different contractors in my years in the trade. Some of them would have wanted a job like this ( thinking to save money) and others would have run anyone off the job that even thought of doing an installation like that.

Would anyone want to keep pictures of an installation like that as a sample of the work done by their company? I wouldn't.

growler

Ugly but fits the area.

Missing some supports on the LFMC.

I don't see a real problem, sure it could be stronger but does it need to be?

Does it need to be stronger? I think it does. When you consider the weight of the conductors in that LFMC that's not even strapped this whole thing is going to be darned heavy. If that was rigid conduit comming into the panels that would be one thing but that uni-strut is the only support.

Status
Not open for further replies.