Goverment work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WirenutNH

I'm looking to find out if someone can point me in the right direction. We are a liscensed electrical contractgor in multiple New England states. We have been asked by a large GC that we do a lot of work for to bid a job at a Goverment air force base, in a state we are not lisecsened in. He is telling me that there is no state lisecense requirements do to it being goverment work. Any input would be helpful?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
yep. true.

however, it is not unheard of for government contracts to require you to have a license of some sort as part of the proof that you are competent to do the work.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Davis-Bacon?

Davis-Bacon?

Do you already do work on federal installations, or are you looking for addtional info?

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I'm looking to find out if someone can point me in the right direction. We are a liscensed electrical contractgor in multiple New England states. We have been asked by a large GC that we do a lot of work for to bid a job at a Goverment air force base, in a state we are not lisecsened in. He is telling me that there is no state lisecense requirements do to it being goverment work. Any input would be helpful?

While I agree with the others that the state or local AHJ has no jurisdiction on federal properties, there are some cases where the project is not on federal property and this in most cases makes it revert back to the state or local AHJ. For example, if you are working, say, in a national park or military base, then yes the feds call their own shots and in my experience will accept any valid license as proof of competency. If the project is for something like an office build out in a building that the feds are only a tenant it will come under the local or state AHJ.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
You haven't lived until you've had the Army Corps of Engineers scrutinize your work. :eek:hmy:

and most contractors know to adjust their bids accordingly.... :D
Oh.. and don't think they will respond the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.