surface floor outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardrichman

I've been asked to install several duplex outlets in a commercial building; very high ceilings, and concrete slab. the building is is not classified hazardous, and is basically used as a testing facility; rarely any liquids. The area's of the conduit run is in a non-traffic area, under equipment and cabinets. I'm not sure if EMT conduit and weatherproof boxes are permissible to be installed across a concrete floor to weatherproof boxes and flip covers. I've considered wiremould or Hubbell's threshold type conduits w/transitions to specific type surface floor boxes; but are special order, expensive, and may not be needed. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
HR...

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I think emt is a trip hazard . I would use the wiremold that is made for that

Wiremold-2600-10_d.jpg

kwired

Electron manager
I think emt is a trip hazard . I would use the wiremold that is made for that

Wiremold-2600-10_d.jpg

Anything more than a quarter inch is a likely trip hazard, and maybe even less can be a trip hazard sometimes. I've seen people trip over things that aren't even there :p

OP did say it would be routed under equipment and cabinets.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Anything more than a quarter inch is a likely trip hazard, and maybe even less can be a trip hazard sometimes. I've seen people trip over things that aren't even there :p

OP did say it would be routed under equipment and cabinets.

TY, I missed the non traffic area. Emt is good but if it were a traffic area I would use what I pictured. Much less chance of a trip hazard IMO.

howardrichman

TY, I missed the non traffic area. Emt is good but if it were a traffic area I would use what I pictured. Much less chance of a trip hazard IMO.

Totally agree; The supply houses I have access with have a wait time for the wiremould ramp type conduits, fittings, floor boxes, and transitions. The conduits would be run along the outside of tables and work areas, non trip hazard until things get moved around, this will take the extension cords away which created a violation. I've seen standard utilty boxes get filled w debre being in dusty conditions, and also helps to keep dry.

HR...

Status
Not open for further replies.