Allied Molded 9327-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
Allied Molded makes a single gang nail on box with the nails at the rear of the box unlike the conventional nail on where the nails are towards the front of the box. It's more expensive and I'm wondering what the advantage would be? Any thoughts?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
1. It allows the box to be mounted projecting farther from the face of the stud when the finish is very thick.
2. When working with a super insulated wall (6" wall using 2x4 studs alternating position between one face and the other) it lets you mount the box on the recessed stud for more flexibility in location.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
1. It allows the box to be mounted projecting farther from the face of the stud when the finish is very thick.
2. When working with a super insulated wall (6" wall using 2x4 studs alternating position between one face and the other) it lets you mount the box on the recessed stud for more flexibility in location.

I see. I normally use an adjustable box in those situations because sometimes the finished wall thickness changes after rough in.

A/A Fuel GTX

Occupation
Electrician
Those were just SWAGs, but seemed reasonable. How does the cost compare to adjustable boxes?

The adjustable box is slightly more expensive but the end result is worth it. I buy single gang adjustables for about $2.25 ea.

Status
Not open for further replies.