Accubid Database Price Code Corrections

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPatrick

New User
I work for a smaller electrical contractor and we are using Accubid Bidwinner Plus v.11. We do not subscribe to Trade Service but rather get our pricing updates from a major supplier as a .csv file. I find that many of the product and associated price codes do not line up with the products we purchase. For example, a spec grade receptacle listed as a Hubbell brand shows up at $15 each, when in reality we use Leviton equivalent that is $2.05 each. I am slowly correcting the items as I find them but progress is limited when other duties take priority. My questions is: Does anyone have helpful suggestions on a better way of editing the database products? File merge, or sync or other?

Thanks,
Patrick

cadpoint

You want to import to be an excel file, in the end the target is a excel ? What is Accubid's desired extension, and the second part is what version is your estimating software working at.

Excel now is running with various additions, and I'm sure other transfer programs have other version date/ versions of their products, as well. CVS is a dump aspect as I read it. What one has to understand is you can't be ahead of the a software via a conversion, if the end platform software version is in fact a lower version.

Note 15 Here.

I based my search off of a Google search HERE

I hope this helps!

Welcome to the Forum! :thumbsup:

mstrlucky74

I work for a smaller electrical contractor and we are using Accubid Bidwinner Plus v.11. We do not subscribe to Trade Service but rather get our pricing updates from a major supplier as a .csv file. I find that many of the product and associated price codes do not line up with the products we purchase. For example, a spec grade receptacle listed as a Hubbell brand shows up at $15 each, when in reality we use Leviton equivalent that is $2.05 each. I am slowly correcting the items as I find them but progress is limited when other duties take priority. My questions is: Does anyone have helpful suggestions on a better way of editing the database products? File merge, or sync or other?

Thanks,
Patrick

I use Accubid often and have done database modifications. Are saying the price code is not correct for the item in the database? That's unusual.

mstrlucky74

Ok... Then drill down to level you want to either add an assembly or item and highlight that line then choose modify......add you info there and it should remain in that database. Really only way I know right know off the top of my head

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Ok... Then drill down to level you want to either add an assembly or item and highlight that line then choose modify......add you info there and it should remain in that database. Really only way I know right know off the top of my head

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Unless I am mistaken I think you just offered up some advice on the forum. Nice.

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent

Thanks,
Patrick

It has been a while since I used Accubid and you have gotten some other input, but here is my thought...

No there isn't really a better way than item by item for what you are trying to do per se. I can't remember what the CSV file uses to align items, but it is most likely the UPS, or possibly the item manufacturer and part number. The best way to fix it really depends on your use now and in the future. If you are confident that you are not going to start basing your stuff on Hubbell in the near future, then just change the UPC code in the existing entry. That way all of your assemblies, and other ties to that item will remain in place and it is a one step process. If you feel the need to duplicate then Create all new entries by copying the old ones and modifying them with the new UPC and part number. In my opinion, a pricing service is a better deal in the long run. I strongly recommend Netpricer if your supplier has it. Graybar does nationwide as far as I know. Then you still need to change some UPC's but at $25 a month, you never have to worry from day to day if copper prices change, or you remembered to update, or often to call in to get pricing on the hundreds of items you don't have in your D B. I use it and will have an average of 5-20 items out of over 200 that don't get priced per estimate. Many of those are things like tapconns that I don't care about. If I did, I could add them and get pricing. Anything that is in Graybars computer for my pricing is available to my database.

Status
Not open for further replies.