Temporary Power and Fused Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan Campbell

I am doing a commercial based townhome project (six plex) and temporary one line drawings show a fused disconnect before meter. I don't think that this is required for a temporary site power panel but I might be wrong. Any help on why they engineered the drawings to show fused disconnect?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
It is probably there so that the contractor can bypass the meter. :)
Many POCOs will not allow such a disconnect unless they get to seal it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I am doing a commercial based townhome project (six plex) and temporary one line drawings show a fused disconnect before meter. I don't think that this is required for a temporary site power panel but I might be wrong. Any help on why they engineered the drawings to show fused disconnect?

I'm thinking you are in Excel Energy territory. They are big on cold sequence metering. As I recall, Milbank now makes a product that makes this less of a hassle.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I meant to mention in my previous post that this would not be a fusible disconnect but rather a non-fusible.

Status
Not open for further replies.