Need a "packable compact" wire pulling rack/station

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
I travel for my work and need a good compact portable wire pulling rack.

What works best?

Thanks

What size reels are you interested in racking?

I have some home made "A" frames and use a piece of 1 inch RMC of whatever length is necessary for medium sized reels, but use something like shown above for smaller reels.

hurk27

I travel for my work and need a good compact portable wire pulling rack.

What works best?

Thanks

Yep, traveling to work is kind of part of the job for most of us, I wish they could bring the house to me to wire, would save me allot of fuel:p

I also like the Greenlee 9501, I have a couple Ideal compact small racks but they don't fold up like the Greenlee, But I also have a set of Rack-a-tiers 11455 but the only thing I don't like is you have to load the wire each time you use them and they work better if you can screw them down to the floor or a piece of wood to keep them from moveing when the reals get close to empty but it is nice that they will take many differant sizes of reels so its a one size for all and they are very compact and light.

I use the Ideals to keep common used wire on them so I can grab it with the reels on it as it has a nice handle to make it easy to carry with the wire already loaded on it.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
But I also have a set of Rack-a-tiers 11455 but the only thing I don't like is you have to load the wire each time you use them and they work
better if you can screw them down to the floor or a piece of wood to keep them from moving when the reals get close to empty but it is nice
that they will take many different sizes of reels so its a one size for all and they are very compact and light.

well, then, screw them down to the floor..... as a courtesy to the customer, i try
to put the anchors in an area that will be covered by a rug.

if its concrete, i use plastic anchors... if you use drop in wedge anchors, it makes
bumps under the carpet that most customers find unattractive.

but if it's just hardwood floors, drywall screws work fine.

hurk27

well, then, screw them down to the floor..... as a courtesy to the customer, i try
to put the anchors in an area that will be covered by a rug.

if its concrete, i use plastic anchors... if you use drop in wedge anchors, it makes
bumps under the carpet that most customers find unattractive.

but if it's just hardwood floors, drywall screws work fine.

Most of the houses here are tung and grove OSB 5/8x4x8 sheeting, not many slabs, but I have also used scrap plywood or a couple 2x4's to screw them to. when using them on a finished floor, just make sure your screws don't go all the way through, I've also screwed them to wall studs to get them up and out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.