Allow myself to introduce.....myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougAles

Wow, I actually found a place to use that line from the movie Austin Powers.

After getting the OK to participate in this forum from the chief moderator I felt a introductory post was the best way to begin my participation.

Hi, I'm Doug Ales. I am an employee of an electrical component manufacturer ? Thomas & Betts, A Member of the ABB Group. I'll be celebrating my 25th year with them in June 2014. I was born and still live in Wisconsin. I am not a electrician.

There are many brands that are part of Thomas & Betts. Just naming a few, they include Ty-Rap, Sta-Kon, Blackburn, Color-Key, Red-Dot, Steel City, Kindorf, Superstrut, Dragon Tooth, Iberville, Ocal, Homac, PMA, Adaptaflex, Kopex, Carlon, Hazlux, Russellstoll, Star-Teck and more.

I am here to offer help and possibly comment on a few post where I feel I may add some value to the conversation.

Any opinions I post are my own, and not those of my employer.

Thank you for taking your time to read my introductory post. If you have suggestions on how having someone from a manufacturer can best benefit this forum, please post your ideas.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Welcome to the best electrical forum on the net.
I think it's great to have folks like you here as you can be a real asset. Maybe you can help us with the proper application of your products as this is always a battle.

__dan

Banned
Have any free samples ? Maybe talk to the company about getting us some promotional company lettered tee and golf shirts.

Equipment and manufacturer reps are a great addition to the board. Sounds great. Welcome.

Have any free samples ? Maybe talk to the company about getting us some promotional company lettered tee and golf shirts.

Equipment and manufacturer reps are a great addition to the board. Sounds great. Welcome.

Dan,

I think you're crossing the line here. Just as the forum does not allow any of us to promote our company/product, you should not solicit 'free' promotional material from them either.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector

Now, now, let's not be greedy. I think the OP's forum contributions should suffice.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
Thank you for taking your time to read my introductory post. If you have suggestions
on how having someone from a manufacturer can best benefit this forum, please post your ideas.

a 26% forum discount *would* be thoughtful.... :p
i'll not hold my breath on that one, however....

welcome.

at least you represent the *good* ty-raps......

edit:
hm. just read the spanking post about the golf caps.
i think i'm in trouble again.

Last edited:

DougAles

Thank you for your warm welcome.
No worries on the sample requests, I took it with a smile. Actually I need to talk to a moderator about samples. Sometimes I get asked for feedback on items. At another site I gave away a few items asking for feedback. The people appreciated giving feedback and I appreciated getting feedback.

Again, thanks!

Welcome. I have a question right off the bat for you. Are Homac "Sweethearts" UV rated? I spent a day trying to find out and did not find an answer. They are used in the overhead once in a while for multiple services, but they don't seem to hold up as well as they do underground.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Actually I need to talk to a moderator about samples.
This forum has a strict rule against all forms of advertising. Offering free samples of actual product or gifts engraved with a company logo would probably violate that rule. Let me suggest that no mention of any product be made on this forum, unless it is clearly in response to someone else?s question. Even then, it would be best if the response were something along the lines of, ?I believe my company has something that would serve your needs. Please send me a Private Message, if you want additional information.? I think that this suggestion would apply to all manufacturers, vendor representatives, and anyone with a product or service to sell.

DougAles

Welcome. I have a question right off the bat for you. Are Homac "Sweethearts" UV rated? I spent a day trying to find out and did not find an answer. They are used in the overhead once in a while for multiple services, but they don't seem to hold up as well as they do underground.

Hi Joe, if you have a specific part, please let me know.

For illistration I looked up a Homac part #SCH 21. This is a flood seal, 2 outlet mechanical connector in the Homac Sweethart line. This connector has not been tested to UL486A/B because its intended market is utility. This is not to say it would not pass if tested, just no one spet the money and time to open a file then perform the testing, then submit the results to UL.

This connector is compliant to these standard: Exceed ANSI C119.1 and C119.4 requirements and RUS Accepted. These would be the revelant standards for the products intended market.

Right now this link should work but it was greated due to my search so I dont know how long this link will work.
http://www.tnb.ca/en/catalogues/online/industrial_MRO/pdf/c18/HOMAC_E_30.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.