Live Streaming Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
BTW I am now watching the mike holt live stream for Jan 4 http://www.mikeholt.com/live.php
I was on the feed most of the morning, then got disconnected about half an hour ago and could not reconnect. Possibly the server has a limit on the number of connections it will accept and the "room" filled up and had people waiting.
Don't drop out or you may not be able to get back in.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
I was on the feed most of the morning, then got disconnected about half an hour ago and could not reconnect. Possibly the server has a limit on the number of connections it will accept and the "room" filled up and had people waiting.
Finally got back in at 4:30 EST.

Sparky3141

Yeah, it just wrapped up. I'll definitely be buying this product. Actually, it started here at 4:am (Hawaii) so I missed a few hours but even then I learned a few things that I had not realized applied or that I didn't fully understand all applications. I have been doing mostly service work for a few years now for the DON so I can certainly benefit from regular code refresher.

I too dropped out for a few minutes but was able to reload and reconnect. They said at the end that there were only 50 people still connected so I don't think it was "full" Per Se but they may have had other technical issues.
I would like to watch some on my breaks at work this week so I'll be disappointed if they can't get the iPhone/iPad thing fixed though. I got up this morning, grabbed my phone and tried to connect but it wouldn't. Then heard later that on one could with those devices.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Actually, what I heard said was that users of those devices were able to connect but suffered major gaps in the audio coverage because the priority of the audio stream was too low relative to other traffic.
Any other experience that members can report?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Lectricbota

I would wait till I was back on before giving this advice!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.