GE FUJI AF-300E$ Troubleshooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CessnaTPA

I'm working on a GE Fuji AF-300E$ drive that runs a conveyor belt that is not working.
I have 480 going to the drive but have no display and control circuit appears to be fine since I have a drive bypass switch and conveyor runs fine in that mode.
There are no obvious fuses on the drive to check.
I believe it's a bad power module and I don't have a replacement drive on hand.
Any suggestions/ troubleshooting tips would be appreciated since GE told me it's a obsolete drive they don't support anymore.

Thanks

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I'm working on a GE Fuji AF-300E$ drive that runs a conveyor belt that is not working.
I have 480 going to the drive but have no display and control circuit appears to be fine since I have a drive bypass switch and conveyor runs fine in that mode.
Any suggestions/ troubleshooting tips would be appreciated since GE told me it's a obsolete drive they don't support anymore.

Thanks
How old is the drive?

Can you even get the parts you need for it?

Thanks

Depends on the size it is probably more efficient and cost effective to replace it than to spend time to troubleshoot it and attempt to repair it.

CessnaTPA

It's about 20 years old and I've been wanting to upgrade it for years but they don't want to spend the money, looks like they won't have a choice now.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
... GE told me it's a obsolete drive they don't support anymore.
GE and Fuji are no longer connected, that's why GE doesn't support it any more, they cant. Fuji likely may still help with it though, the Fuji branded version is called a FRENIC G9.

It's about 20 years old and I've been wanting to upgrade it for years but they don't want to spend the money, looks like they won't have a choice now.
You didn't state the size. If it's 40HP and up, there is a separate input for control power on that drive, terminals R0 and T0. That is often fused, if that fuse is blown, you will get the exact situation you are describing. Been there, done that. It's the only drive I've seen where they do that, everyone else, and the GE/Fuji under 30HP, take the control panel off of the line terminals or the DC bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.