Using Labor Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

dronai

For either Commercial or Residential estimating using standardized labor units, Do these units include drilling holes in wood studs or punching steel studs for running MC cable or Romex ? So if the unit is 6.5 per M of NM cable, and you ran 20' that's only 7.8 mins ! This does not include drilling does it ? I would think MC cable would be similar in routing through studs.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
For either Commercial or Residential estimating using standardized labor units, Do these units include drilling holes in wood studs or punching steel studs for running MC cable or Romex ? So if the unit is 6.5 per M of NM cable, and you ran 20' that's only 7.8 mins ! This does not include drilling does it ? I would think MC cable would be similar in routing through studs.

unless you have developed a way of running this stuff without drilling holes, i think holes are part of the deal.

if you HAVE a way of running it without drilling studs or punching, i'd like to buy you lunch and talk about how
you do that......

it took us longer than seven minutes to talk about this, so those numbers don't scale quite right..... :lol:

dronai

unless you have developed a way of running this stuff without drilling holes, i think holes are part of the deal.

if you HAVE a way of running it without drilling studs or punching, i'd like to buy you lunch and talk about how
you do that......

it took us longer than seven minutes to talk about this, so those numbers don't scale quite right..... :lol:

I've used those units with adjustments for awhile now, but I talked with someone else who adds a separate number in there for drilling.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I've used those units with adjustments for awhile now, but I talked with someone else who adds a separate number in there for drilling.

that was a tongue in cheek reply on my part, but 6.5 hours usable labor is about a days work,
by the time you subtract nonproductive labor.....

so, could you put in 4 coils of 12-2 in a day, and drill it? steel studs are already punched,
unless you punch holes and put the plastic bushings in to make pulling easier, and most
people don't do that.

so, it'd be a question of drilling.... how fast can you drill and rope?

GUNNING

that was a tongue in cheek reply on my part, but 6.5 hours usable labor is about a days work,
by the time you subtract nonproductive labor.....

so, could you put in 4 coils of 12-2 in a day, and drill it? steel studs are already punched,
unless you punch holes and put the plastic bushings in to make pulling easier, and most
people don't do that.

so, it'd be a question of drilling.... how fast can you drill and rope?

The question should be on conditions. How high, what type of construction, is this unprotected ? Drilling holes means drill bit cord drill temporary power clean up repair etc. Do the conditions require extra labor to completely install. 6.5 hrs / M is not reflective of the entire job just placing the wire. The loss leader to the electrician is manufacturing the pathway for the cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.