2014 Massachusetts NEC Amendments

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
Is this a typo or am I not awake?
It was supposed to be in the 2014 NEC but it looks like it never made it in the 2014.

image_zpsb4b91ca2.jpg

shortcircuit2

2014 Code in Force Jan 1 2014

2014 Code in Force Jan 1 2014

Just to let you Mass guys know, the 2014 MEC is effective as of January 1st 2014 for permits granted thereafter. The Secretary of Commonwealth has signed off on the amendments. I just received my copy of the amendments in the mail from the State Book Store...$1.05 plus shipping. Came next day mail. Not sure when the MEC will go to print?

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Just to let you Mass guys know, the 2014 MEC is effective as of January 1st 2014 for permits granted thereafter. The Secretary of Commonwealth has signed off on the amendments. I just received my copy of the amendments in the mail from the State Book Store...$1.05 plus shipping. Came next day mail. Not sure when the MEC will go to print?

Well, I hope nothing in the new code will affect the job I looked at today because I could have pulled the permit a couple of weeks ago.

Oh well, I'll get paid either way.

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician
Is it me or does anyone else wonder this?

NFPA is at 1 Batterymarch Park Quincy, Massachusetts yet Mass state still believes that changes need to be made to the NEC?????

So only people in Massachusetts make proposals to the code? It's a big country. Massachusetts isn't trying to rule the country.

The National Electric Code is just that...national. It's just that being an old state, MA has some different things going on than the rest of the country. Why insist the entire country do things the way we need to do them up here?

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
So only people in Massachusetts make proposals to the code? It's a big country. Massachusetts isn't trying to rule the country.

The National Electric Code is just that...national. It's just that being an old state, MA has some different things going on than the rest of the country. Why insist the entire country do things the way we need to do them up here?

Maybe the rest of us could benefit from that knowledge.

I'll agree that you have "some different things going on" up there but how is that electrically related? :happyno:

Fliz

310.15(B)(3)(a) seems pretty big to me. I love the informational note: "overheating may occur".

I guess Mass' 43 cc conductors is to them what ten cc conductors is to us. I think the point of this amendment is to take into consideration how the addition of a neutral wire cancels out the inductance that occurs with a single cc conductor. Still, I think the informational note should be the rule, not just a handy tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.