eed to identiify connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
They look like they are just locking cord connectors to me. There are literally hundreds of possibilities for which exact configuration they may be. The fact they are installed on a 6 AWG cord kind of narrows it down some though.

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
look like Hubbell to me--look closely at the one on the left on the white portion

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
I concur. Those are Hubbel 'California Style' locking connectors. They are a 'non-NEMA' pattern, but I don't believe that there are NEMA _locking_ connector patterns that go above 30A.
http://lockingpowercords.com/category/31-hubbell-50a-twist-lock.aspx
Hubbel makes different patterns for different voltages and phase counts.

-Jon

yup. that is exactly what they are... i just bought three sets.... they sorta 'spensive..... :(
it's what they use on a tempower distribution box......

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I concur. Those are Hubbel 'California Style' locking connectors. They are a 'non-NEMA' pattern, but I don't believe that there are NEMA _locking_ connector patterns that go above 30A.
http://lockingpowercords.com/category/31-hubbell-50a-twist-lock.aspx
Hubbel makes different patterns for different voltages and phase counts.

-Jon
Here is a little more of the story, if authoritative (emphasis mine):

NEMA Amperage Limitations = Implementation of California Standard

Unfortunately, NEMA standard twist lock options max out at 30 amps. Interestingly, NEMA did publish 50 amp and 60 amp Twist Lock? versions, but they are not manufactured. As a result, Non-NEMA approved power connections entered the data center arena and they are often UL (Underwriters Labs). The most popular version found in the data center world is California Standard 50 amp Twist Lock?. This marine standard became popular in data centers due to the locking capability and the high amperage. There are six receptacles in this series: CS6370 (6,250 watt), CS8269 (12,500 watt), CS8469 (24,000 watt), CS6369 (12,500 watt), CS8369 (12,500 watt), and CS8169 (37,411 watt). Many data centers have implemented this standard.

kwired

Electron manager
You can get matching connectors from more than just Hubbell, Leviton has them and P&S has them, and likely others, but those three have just about anything ever made to any popular standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.