Amp Service In Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newbie14

I have two panels to my home. I would like to know the actual size of the service in my home and is it sufficient? My home is 3300sq ft totally electric. I have a 5 ton heat pump unit outdoor unit with an indoor unit (not sure of proper term). I have asked the electrician but have not received a concrete answer. He says it rated for 200 amps but will not tell me the actual amps. There is also an electric dryer,range, microwave and other standard appliances. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 0

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
The electrician gave you the answer using the correct terminology. The ?rating? of the service tells you the maximum that it can provide to you. That is not the same as saying that the total loads within the house add up to that much. I will only add that 200 amps is plenty for almost all homes in the US that are not owned by the super-rich.

Let me end by saying that the forum rules prohibit us from providing you with any information that would assist you in performing any electrical work on your own. This is not a DIY site. I suggest you work with the electrician for any upgrades, modifications, or additions to your house. And with that, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.