South Dakota State Electrical Inspectors Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohms law

I am about to take the South Dakota State Electrical Inspectors Exam through the ICC. I was just curious if anyone has any pointers, or what to expect. Is it a lot of calculations? I have been studying like crazy on calculations, but thats it. I haven't really focused on much else. I am worried about Hazardous Locations and if there is a lot of that on the test, since I have no experience in that area or really looked at it much. When I have reviewed the article It just seems like a foreign language.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
I am about to take the South Dakota State Electrical Inspectors Exam through the ICC. I was just curious if anyone has any pointers, or what to expect. Is it a lot of calculations? I have been studying like crazy on calculations, but thats it. I haven't really focused on much else. I am worried about Hazardous Locations and if there is a lot of that on the test, since I have no experience in that area or really looked at it much. When I have reviewed the article It just seems like a foreign language.

I took the SD Inspectors exam a few years back. I don't think there have been any changes since then. It is the same test as the SD Master. The difference is you need 80% to pass.
They will not admit that they are the same test but I can tell you they are as I took the Master a few months before the EI.
PM me if you like and we can talk as I don't think you will find many people that have done the SD EI exam as there are not many of us.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO

Good luck.

Back when I tested for Ohio we got half credit for the correct answer and half for citing the section for the answer we gave.

If one section referred to another and you did not list all the sections involved - no 1/2 credit.

Skip what you are not sure of and come back to it last.

There were a lot of tough questions early to shake you up!

Ohms law

Good luck.

Back when I tested for Ohio we got half credit for the correct answer and half for citing the section for the answer we gave.

If one section referred to another and you did not list all the sections involved - no 1/2 credit.

Skip what you are not sure of and come back to it last.

There were a lot of tough questions early to shake you up!

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.