Lubricant yellow coat on white wire

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunuelbresson

Hi,

Some white wires appear yellow due to lubricant used to pull them. If you look at the wires they look like they are yellow wires. You have to scrub really hard to remove the yellow color.

My question is wether this is a code violation. And what would be the solution without having to repull the cables.

Scrub the yellow lube off (which is not easy to do)? tape the end of the wires white? Any other ideas?

Thanks.

ritelec

Interesting thought............. If the stuff doesn't come off I guess you did remark it yellow.

Color rendition...... did an install and all the high bay lighting made all the grays look brown................ Made for much fun for splicing four wire circuits in the ceiling.......

just the cowboy

Inactive, Email Never Verified
green also

green also

Interesting thought............. If the stuff doesn't come off I guess you did remark it yellow.

Color rendition...... did an install and all the high bay lighting made all the grays look brown................ Made for much fun for splicing four wire circuits in the ceiling.......

Seen the same with green wire turned brown, HPS lights. Bought a car once at night and the lights made it look a real nice green, next day it was really mustard yellow.:weeping:

Try CO contact cleaner on the grey/yellow wires

Status
Not open for further replies.