Different resistance at the same network

Status
Not open for further replies.

m sleem

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Females
Occupation
Health
Where we are in the same network (lightning, IT, IPS, Building), why the measurements give a different readings?!!

Besoeker

No need for guess, just look at my location:D.
Yes. Sometimes humour doesn't come over very well on a forum, particularly British humour....but Smart being smart probably got it.

Grounding isn't my field, but it doesn't altogether surprise me that you might get different readings at different locations.
I'm sure others will be along presently with helpful hints and sound suggestions.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
I don't know...

Where are you??? :lol:
I was taught that ''where'' would be used as a question or a junction ''circumstance'', may be the english in our country is different :roll: :D:lol:.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Where we are in the same network (lightning, IT, IPS, Building), why the measurements give a different readings?!!

If you wrote that as 'When we are in the same network (lightning, IT, IPS, Building), why the measurements give a different readings?!! it would have been understood better, even though 'where' may have been more grammatically correct.

m sleem

Occupation
Health
If you wrote that as 'When we are in the same network (lightning, IT, IPS, Building), why the measurements give a different readings?!! it would have been understood better, even though 'where' may have been more grammatically correct.
Very constructive approach rather than bashing me ''smart'':D, at least i learnt something since there is no input related to the OP:lol:.

Besoeker

It's probably better than the English we use here in the US. Just about any Brit will tell you that! :D
Off topic, I know.......mods be kind.
I'm a moderator on a British forum. Some of the written English I see from Brits shames me. How can our school education system, free and mandatory up to age 16, fail them so badly?

Sauce = source. Phonetic.
In the saaf east.

And yes, to add to my shame, many non-native speakers do better.

Enough....

m sleem

Occupation
Health
Off topic, I know.......mods be kind.
I'm a moderator on a British forum. Some of the written English I see from Brits shames me. How can our school education system, free and mandatory up to age 16, fail them so badly?

Sauce = source. Phonetic.
In the saaf east.

And yes, to add to my shame, many non-native speakers do better.

Enough....
Absolutely right, i'm dealing with both americans and brits, easily i can understand the americans while hardly i can understand the brits:D.

Last edited:

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Very constructive approach rather than bashing me ''smart'':D, at least i learnt something since there is no input related to the OP:lol:.

That is because, sir, we still don't really know what you are asking.

Where are the different resistances being measured from? For instance, equipment to electrode...or electrode to ground...something of that nature.

Also, it would be nice to have the data, for instance, panel A to electrode .01 ohms, panel B to electrode .2 ohms.

I can assure you that if you pose a question with enough detail you will get some very good information about your question.

m sleem

Occupation
Health

Where are the different resistances being measured from? For instance, equipment to electrode...or electrode to ground...something of that nature.

Also, it would be nice to have the data, for instance, panel A to electrode .01 ohms, panel B to electrode .2 ohms.
I can assure you that if you pose a question with enough detail you will get some very good information about your question.
Yes, general in the specs we mention a different max res for each system while practically all of them connected at the end in one network, what i want to say the parallel resistance should be the same, may be it's a basic question but something is unknown for me.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
The specifications for ground resistance (measured how?) from different engineers and attached to different products may vary. The reason could be serious (as perhaps if the equipment generates electromagnetic interference which needs to be shielded) or spurious (as when the earth ground is mistaken for a fault clearing path.)
And the actual measurement from grounding conductor or auxiliary electrode to remote earth, will consist mainly of the ground electrode resistance, with wire or raceway impedance playing only a small part.
If you see large (ohms) differences in measurement either the measuring technique is flawed or the ground system bonding is poor.

Let me summarize that for convenience:
If you are saying what I think you are saying, then you are right. They should all be almost identical in practice.
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Smart $

Esteemed Member

Yes, general in the specs we mention a different max res for each system while practically all of them connected at the end in one network, what i want to say the parallel resistance should be the same, may be it's a basic question but something is unknown for me.
For the record, I was not bashing, nor was my reply intended to be offensive in any way. I got your meaning from the get go. My response was a play on words stemming from the lack of detail pertinent to providing any semblance of an intelligible answer. 15 replies later, we get the first glimmer of detail...

Status
Not open for further replies.