CMP membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
There is an application here, but it is rare that someone who does not have the support of an organization like IAEI, IBEW, IEC, IEEE, NECA, NEMA and the like is ever a member of a CMP. Part of the issue is the costs to be a CMP member. The NFPA does not pay their expenses. You are looking at lost wages and travel expenses for at least 5 or 6 weeks over the code cycle.

Last edited:

ceb58

There is an application here, but it is rare that someone who does not have the support of an organization like IAEI, IBEW, IEC, IEEE, NECA, NEMA and the like is ever a member of a CMP. Part of the issue is the costs to be a CMP member. The NFPA does not pay their expenses. You are looking at lost wages and travel expenses for at least 5 or 6 weeks over the code cycle.

The way its going the CMP member will look like a NASCAR car with all of the electrical mfg. sponsorship. :lol:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
... Part of the issue is the costs to be a CMP member. The NFPA does not pay their expenses. You are looking at lost wages and travel expenses for at least 5 or 6 weeks over the code cycle.
If that be the case, it would not surprise me to discover CMP members have to pay for their Code books... :huh:

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
The way its going the CMP member will look like a NASCAR car with all of the electrical mfg. sponsorship. :lol:
NFPA limits a Technical Committee (TC) or Code Making Panel (CMP) member to a single "INTEREST" sponsor. They are also concerned how a member will be financially supported.

If that be the case, it would not surprise me to discover CMP members have to pay for their Code books... :huh:
Actually, that is the lone benefit. The Tech Committee/Code Making Panel members get a full but nonetheless "regular" copy of the Standard they worked on.

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
I hope that at least it Is the entire NEC and not just their section(s).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
You get a full copy of the NEC. But it's just a standard "retail" softbound version because I think it would be too expensive for them to print the separate sections. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.