Junction boxes with DIN rail and terminal blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nycedreemz

I just wanted to get on here and possibly get some advice on locating some stateside (US) distributors of different size junction boxes with DIN rail and terminal blocks.

My endgame is to use these to assemble custom breakout box assemblies (Spider-box) depending on the customers needs.

These assemblies will consist of anywhere from 3-5 conductor setups in NEMA straight-blade, NEMA locking, Pin & sleeve, California Style etc.

The internet continues to link me with many overseas companies and thats fine. Its just if i can find it here at home i would like to.

I have no problem with other sourcing and i don't intend to offend anyone not US based. Just really want to keep the cost of shipping and turnaround times low so my product can remain competitive.

Thanks to any and all who reply!!
:thumbsup:

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
It is common for European enclosure manufacturers to offer products with terminal blocks pre-installed. However it is not a common practice in the United States.
Most US enclosure manufacturers do offer customized solutions, have you contacted one? Although, I think your low cost option will be to have install them yourself.

Nycedreemz

It is common for European enclosure manufacturers to offer products with terminal blocks pre-installed. However it is not a common practice in the United States.
Most US enclosure manufacturers do offer customized solutions, have you contacted one? Although, I think your low cost option will be to have install them yourself.
Thanks Jim, I kinda thought that I would have to source the components individually and then assemble myself. I threw a line out to see if anyone might know of a local source. Never hurts to ask. Thanks!:thumbsup:

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I doubt you will find anything pre-made that suits the bill.

Hoffman makes a line of enclosures that has a means of strapping in DIN rail directly without needing a panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.