• Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purple

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fmtjfw

This question has more than one correct answer based on the information in the question.

OK, which of the 5 possible answers are correct?

I guess you are speaking of large conductors, so that expands the list a little. If you had answered, say purple, I'd ask you where the white/gray supplemental marking was in the answer?

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
OK, which of the 5 possible answers are correct?

I guess you are speaking of large conductors, so that expands the list a little. If you had answered, say purple, I'd ask you where the white/gray supplemental marking was in the answer?

There could be two correct answers.

With some stipulations.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Fine, What are the two answers?

There is a lot of overthinking going (as I would expect). These are High School Kids taking a 10 question MULTIPLE CHOICE test.

White or gray, but with two different voltages they would have to be identified by voltages.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
White or gray, but with two different voltages they would have to be identified by voltages.
Not unless they are in the same raceway or enclosure, and that was the point of my post.

There is no requirement to identify the grounded conductors by system, unless you have grounded conductors from more than one system in a common enclosure.

As long as the question does not specify a common enclosure, both white and gray are correct answers.

fmtjfw

Not unless they are in the same raceway or enclosure, and that was the point of my post.

There is no requirement to identify the grounded conductors by system, unless you have grounded conductors from more than one system in a common enclosure.

As long as the question does not specify a common enclosure, both white and gray are correct answers.

OK -- got it.
Thanks.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician

I guess I (wrongly) assumed the OP was talking about in the same inclosure.

fmtjfw

My Answer

My Answer

D

(9) In a building with 120/240V and 277V/480V services, if the 120V neutral is White, what color can the 277V neutral be?
According to 200.6(D) neutrals of different system must be distinguished from each other. 200.6(A) and (B) allow you to use White and Gray.
Code Ref:
200.6(A), (B), (D)
Index:
Color code ? Grounded conductor

fmtjfw

Revised question per input

Revised question per input

In a building with 120/240V and 277V/480V services where branch circuits from both are found in the same conduits, if the 120V neutral is White, what color can the 277V neutral be?

Status
Not open for further replies.