Virgina communication exam questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazupva

Hello, I?m new to the forum and I just have a few questions that had me puzzled scratching my head with the VA ELECTRONIC/COMMUNICATION exam. I?m sorry it this is not the place to ask about thesequestions. Thanks for your time.

Here are the questions and possible answers that were given.

Q1.If you have a conduit running underground between 2 buildings with 10 communicationcables inside. What is the MAXIMUM distance it can be ran to meet NEC code?

A. 45ft
B. 65ft
C.125ft
D.105ft

Q2. What is measured with a VOM meter?
1.Current
2.Voltage
3.AMP's
4.Resistance

Q3.On an outside of a building what is the MAXIMUM distance that a communication cable can swing next to a high voltage line?
1.3ft
2.6ft
3.8ft
4.14ft

Q4. What is the MINIMUM number of smoke detectors that has to be installed on a Residential or Commercial FAS to meet NFPA code?
1.ZERO

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I would like to see your answers but I see why you are having trouble-- question 1-- I find nothing in art. 800 of the nec that limits the length.

question 2- VOM is a volt ohm meter-- it can measure voltage , ohms, and amps-- have no clue as to the answer

question 3 is in art. 800.44(A)(4) which says 12" clearance for 0-750 volts-- not one of the choices but this is for overhead conductors. art. 800.50 (B) states 4" from electric light & power conductors on the building

Question 4-- IDK

wazupva

I also messed up and the choices are all A B C D not 1234.

The first one I guessed C.65ft i couldnt find anything on it also so it was just a guess.

2. I put volts. Thats what I use it for the most for. However I knew that it could be used for all the answers. I thought they might also be looking for VOLT because the way the put it VOM.

3. I had no ideal as none of which match the code at all. However I put A. as it was the lowest one.

4. I put A. as I wasnt aware of any minimum number of ones to be installed in a Residential.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Q3: Are they asking the maximum distance it can swing (which depends on how close it was to the cable in the first place) or the minimum distance that has to be maintained? And the HV cable may be swinging too!
One of the worst questions I have seen in awhile.
Oh, and is the HV insulated? Shielded?

Sent from my Droid Maxx

wazupva

Goldigger, Im asking some of the same questions as you are. I really have no ideal what they are asking for. This is how the question was givent to me. The bad thing about it is I have taken it two times and missed it each time with a different answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.