interutilitybonding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
There are intersystem bonding lugs made to mount to the meter can so yes you can.

ry%3D480

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
There are intersystem bonding lugs made to mount to the meter can so yes you can.
Unless, of course, POCO objects.
Some are very proprietary about the meter can even if you do not go inside it, and even when you are the one who was required to install it in the first place.
NEC-wise, it is fine as you say.

Dennis: Since the illustrations do not provide all of the wording for the installation instructions, is the adjustable screw at the bottom of the bracket really intended to make the ground/bond connection via the meter can? Is it threaded into the box via a drilled hole? Or just pressing against scraped paint?
I guess that the ISB is not expected to carry the same currents as the EGC system?

Last edited:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Unless, of course, POCO objects.
Some are very proprietary about the meter can even if you do not go inside it, and even when you are the one who was required to install it in the first place.
NEC-wise, it is fine as you say.

Dennis: Since the illustrations do not provide all of the wording for the installation instructions, is the adjustable screw at the bottom of the bracket really intended to make the ground/bond connection via the meter can? Is it threaded into the box via a drilled hole? Or just pressing against scraped paint?
I guess that the ISB is not expected to carry the same currents as the EGC system?

I never used it and never would but I think it is just pressed against the paint

Status
Not open for further replies.