Terminal Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

i have a question. Anybody found a stocked Terminal block that compares to those made by States Products:
http://www.statesproducts.com/common/documents/Terminal Blocks_DS_en_V05.pdf

I need a good 8 contact terminal block - I like the ones they made but its 4-6 weeks (they make on order / no stock).
I don't want a screw terminal block. They seem perfect but I want an alternative to States Products.

Ideas?

Thanks
Hanif

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Hate them things.

Used to use them in big batches in control panels for electric plants. Eats up space like you can't imagine.

To make it even worse, most of the specs that required them also required we mark them with an engraved nameplate.

Have not seen one in more than 20 years. I had hoped they had died a well deserved death.

Alternative

Alternative

Hate them things.

Used to use them in big batches in control panels for electric plants. Eats up space like you can't imagine.

To make it even worse, most of the specs that required them also required we mark them with an engraved nameplate.

Have not seen one in more than 20 years. I had hoped they had died a well deserved death.

Can you recommend an alternative?

Thanks
Hanif

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Can you recommend an alternative?

Thanks
Hanif

there are all kinds of terminals out there. unless there is a really good reason to use these things (like a customer who has so much money to spend that they have to waste it on stuff like this) there are all kinds of better choices for most situations.

They can easily make junction boxes and control cabinet 2 or 3 times larger than needed.

Aleman

I use Eaton terminal blocks. They are screw terminals, but there is no problem with that. Depending on model they have blocks that will
go up to 150 amps. For example, XBUT6 blocks are about 8mm wide, and good for 600V/50A.

Status
Not open for further replies.