300.3(B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

Looking at an install behind a home inspector that was done with out permits or inspections. Contractor installed a SR ATS from the load side of the contactor they ran 3 wire SE cable back to the panel instead of 4 wire. They also did not separate the N-G bond in the main panel.
Homeowner called inspection dept. complaining of the shoddy work wanting to know why/how this install passed inspection. He was informed there were no permits pulled for this job even though his bill reflects a permit and inspection charge. The inspector has looked at the job and about the only thing he said was get the contractor back to run an EGC to the panel and separate the N-G bond in the main panel. The home owner is now thinking that all that needs to be done is just run a separate wire for the ground.
I see nothing in 300.3 (B) or 300.3 (B) (1) through (4) that would allow a single wire to be ran out side of the cable for the EGC. Am I missing anything? From what I have seen the ATS needs to be removed and start over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.