convert "doghouse" to floor box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhfansler

I want to replace a raised floor receptacle, doghouse, with a recessed, floor box. In concrete. Anybody know of a product retro that is available? Or otherwise how to do this? Thanks in advance.

DHFansler

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
What is below the doghouse?
Is this an in-floor duct system or maybe a poke through device?

kwired

Electron manager
If not an in floor duct or poke through like mentioned, you are likely removing some concrete, installing most any floor box imaginable and then pouring new concrete around it, you may need to make the hole big enough to rework raceways or cables if necessary.

dhfansler

It's just a concrete floor. I'll look into a floor box kit. Any suggestions as to ease of install? I've installed so many new, but never after. Been a few years, though.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
It's just a concrete floor. I'll look into a floor box kit. Any suggestions as to ease of install? I've installed so many new, but never after. Been a few years, though.
Most of the doghouse receptacles I've installed on slab-on-grade floors already have a floor box in embedded in the slab. The doghouse was just one type of accessory for the floor box.

BTW, just saying concrete floor isn't indicative of a slab-on-grade concrete floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.