Control circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimrichi

I have difficulty understanding controll circuits and their details do you have a book in mind might help appreciate it

I have difficulty understanding controll circuits and their details do you have a book in mind might help appreciate it
The book that really helped me understand control circuits is titled, "Industrial Electricity and Motor Controls", written by Rex Miller and Mark R. Miller. It was a real eye opener for me and I still use it as a reference from time to time. Not only does it cover almost all of your control circuits, it also covers theory, and mechanical and solid state control devices. It's about 400 pages long and well worth the money. ISBN is 978-0-07-154476-4

kwired

Electron manager
The book that really helped me understand control circuits is titled, "Industrial Electricity and Motor Controls", written by Rex Miller and Mark R. Miller. It was a real eye opener for me and I still use it as a reference from time to time. Not only does it cover almost all of your control circuits, it also covers theory, and mechanical and solid state control devices. It's about 400 pages long and well worth the money. ISBN is 978-0-07-154476-4

I did a Google search for "books on motor control" and had thousands of search results, I think most anything on the first page of search results looked like it was probably a good book on the topic, the book you mentioned was on the second page of search results.

I did a Google search for "books on motor control" and had thousands of search results, I think most anything on the first page of search results looked like it was probably a good book on the topic, the book you mentioned was on the second page of search results.
Actually,I just did a Google search for "best books on motor control" and the second edition to
"Industrial Electricity and Motor Controls" came up on the first page. I opened the Amazon link
and they rate it five stars.

Another one that looks very appealing is "Industrial Motor Control" by Stephen Herman. It too is a recent 2013 release. I have his book titled "Alternating Current Fundamentals", which is an excellent piece of work, he gets very technical with the trig and algebra in A/C circuit analysis, walking you through inductive reactance, capacitive reactance, power factor, solving series-parallel circuits containing R, L and C. and much more.

kwired

Electron manager
Actually,I just did a Google search for "best books on motor control" and the second edition to
"Industrial Electricity and Motor Controls" came up on the first page. I opened the Amazon link
and they rate it five stars.
I recall the "best" appearing in the search choices when I did my search, but I did not select that search option. This kind of got me to wondering, who determines what is "best" for Google?:blink: Maybe based on user feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies.