Washington State Exam Prep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be taking my test soon. I'm 7 wks from my hours, I have been graduated for 1 1/2 yrs. I haven't been keeping up on my Code study, on the out of work list and I want to prep right for the test. I was thinking realistically by time I get called out again, get my hours and the $$ to take the test that it would be based on the new Code-Cycle.

I was thinking that if I just took advantage of the time now I could totally prep for 2014 Code rules. So instead of taking the chance of MAYBE getting in before the rules change and test on 08 Code. I thought I should just study the changes and get up to date, that way I am not just a DUMB GREEN JW (AND) IGNORANT...Just bite the bullet now and get acquainted with all the changes.

Anyone know WHEN the Washington State Exam will be based on 2014. I don't want to over prep/under prep and make it harder. Thanks in advance

Sent from Tapatalk 4

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
All I can offer is that the 2104 NEC takes effect in Washington State on 1 July 2014. I doubt the exam will be based on the 2014 NEC earlier than that. Good luck.

All I can offer is that the 2104 NEC takes effect in Washington State on 1 July 2014. I doubt the exam will be based on the 2014 NEC earlier than that. Good luck.

Thanks, I figured it wouldn't be until then. I was hoping someone who has tested during a code transition or knew the timeframe when it would be based on the new Code after becoming effective. Sometimes things have a lag in catching up with changes.

Sent from Tapatalk 4

RichB

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical Inspector
Get a copy of Henry's Key Word Index for the code cycle you will be testing at--If you are near South Sound 9Sea-Tac) I have a copy of the 2011---which on further thought would do you no good at all as Wa is currently using the 08 code--Anyway--it's a great book to have both for testing and out in the field

Get a copy of Henry's Key Word Index for the code cycle you will be testing at--If you are near South Sound 9Sea-Tac) I have a copy of the 2011---which on further thought would do you no good at all as Wa is currently using the 08 code--Anyway--it's a great book to have both for testing and out in the field

Thanks, I have a copy of 08 if I need it but I'm going to try to get the 14 Index

Sent from Tapatalk 4

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Washington typically changes to the next code for testing about 6 months after the adoption. Most of the questions are not code specific.
You can take the test in parts and only have to repeat the part you fail, after waiting two weeks.
The best study guide is Mike Holts Exam Prep.

Washington typically changes to the next code for testing about 6 months after the adoption. Most of the questions are not code specific.
You can take the test in parts and only have to repeat the part you fail, after waiting two weeks.
The best study guide is Mike Holts Exam Prep.

Thank you that was the answer I was looking for

Sent from Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.