footprints in the snow

Status
Not open for further replies.

david

When you think your day has gone bad think of this.
Went to do an inspection for HVAC units on the roof of Wal-Mart last week.
Went up through the roof hatch one foot of snow on the roof. No other foot prints on the roof.
On one end of the flat roof me and the electrician noticed bonnie rabbit footprints they started close to one of the roof top units and moved away for about 10 or 15 feet then disappeared.
Beside the rabbit track ours was the only ones up there.
We all know rabbits don?t fly and I think I have a fairly good explanation what do toy think.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Ok so the bird set the rabbit on the roof to eat and the rabbit tried to run. :eek:hmy:

david

Ok so the bird set the rabbit on the roof to eat and the rabbit tried to run. :eek:hmy:

yes it is an area with a lot of Hocks. Most likely pick up from the surrounding woods or edge of the woods. at that point pretty well new its fate. But then the bird landed on the HVAC unit and must have readjusted its grip. for a brief period the rabbit was full of hope, or relief the only question left I think is how fast was the rabbit moving for those last 15 feet of its life

mgookin

I had a opossum problem about a year ago. I trimmed the tree he was using to get onto the roof and from there into the building. I set a cut branch such that when he walked on it and got out to the middle, it would fall to the ground giving him a way out but not back in. The next day a flock of vultures were eating him up on the roof. Problem solved!

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
A friend of mine told me a story about a zoo that had some really big goldfish type fish. An eagle swooped down and snatched one up, but it was so big and heavy that when the eagle got 25 or 30 feet off the ground, it lost it's grip on the fish. The fish fell to earth, hitting a lady in the head first, knocking her out.

I was told she sued the zoo.

jap

Occupation
Electrician
How do you all know the Bunny and the Hawk arent good buddies?

The Hawk could have picked the bunny up off of the cold hard ground, and dropped him on the roof, to find a home near the warm Heating elements in the rooftop unit prior to the snow arriving.

Then when the bunny stepped outside to get him something to eat a couple of days later, he noticed the roof was covered with snow, so he simply texted his buddy the hawk to come and pick him up to take him out to dinner.

Upon returning they saw you guys messing around,and they flew around until you all got off the roof and the hawk probably brought him back to his home in the rooftop unit
all safe and sound.

Right? :)

david

the only thing I know for sure is had the snow not been on the roof I would have never been thinking about. rabbits hopping around on flat roofs that high in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.