estimating software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who uses estimating software? What program? Does it work? How much did you pay? Is it difficult for someone with limited computer experience to use? Where did you get it?

Last edited:
We use Mccormick. I have been using it since 2005. We recently upgraded our computers (we try to upgrade every 10 or 15 years whether we need it or not) and I tested the waters on using something new.

What I discovered was this, there is software out there for all budgets. It really depends on your needs. As far as ease of use, it will take some time to learn anything. I have been estimating for about 15 years

and I can still do a take off by hand faster than an on screen. But when it comes to extending and your mark ups and totals the software is great.

Your best bet is to google electrical estimating software and you will find alot offers out there that are more than willing to give you demo of their product.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
It depends what you mean by "Estimating".

As mentioned there is McCormick and I think (am not sure) it is for larger projects.

If you want something for smaller projects, mostly residential service and remodel work I use ES2. It is customizable, easy to use, can go on your computer and Ipad. I along with some other members have been very happy with it.

Again it depends what you want the software to do.

I am sure members who own or work for larger companies will chime in to give you their comments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.