lockout questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bure961

We will like to know when doing a machnical lockout only can the person lockout the breaker if they are trained to do so ? Is ppe needed to loto ?
Does anyone know what 70 e or Osha says?
Thanks for your help here.

Hello,
My first question would be: have you or anyone in the company had any training in LOTO? If not, the first item would be to provide your employees a certified class in LOTO! THIS IS A GOOD START TO A GREAT FOUNDATION IN LOTO. LOTO is very important basic training, and should not be taken lightly! Having stated that LOTO cannot be explained in a few short statements. IMHO.

Best Regards,
PJHolguin :cool:

We will like to know when doing a machnical lockout only can the person lockout the breaker if they are trained to do so ? Is ppe needed to loto ?
Does anyone know what 70 e or Osha says?
Thanks for your help here.

Hello,
My first question would be: have you or anyone in the company had any training in LOTO? If not, the first item would be to provide your employees a certified class in LOTO! THIS IS A GOOD START TO A GREAT FOUNDATION IN LOTO. LOTO is very important basic training, and should not be taken lightly! Having stated that LOTO cannot be explained in a few short statements. IMHO.

Best Regards,
PJHolguin :cool:

Couldn't agree more. Locking off is one thing, verifying the isolation, releasing energy etc are other significant aspects of LOTO that you would learn during training also.

meternerd

Occupation
retired water & electric utility electrician, meter/relay tech
One thing to remember....lawyers LOVE the words "qualified person." Kinda leaves a huge gray area, in my opinion. That term is used a lot in regulations, but I have a hard time finding where it really describes who that is and how much training they need to be one. CYA!

Status
Not open for further replies.