basement receptacles on insulation board wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

T74

I'm installing receptacles around a basement room with about 2" of foam insulation board already on the wall. Drywall will go over the insulation board.

Anybody done this?

I'm planning on mounting metal boxes to the foundation and running either romex or emt between them.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I'm installing receptacles around a basement room with about 2" of foam insulation board already on the wall. Drywall will go over the insulation board.

Anybody done this?

I'm planning on mounting metal boxes to the foundation and running either romex or emt between them.

Foundation, as in the footer or floor of the basement? Or are you talking about the block wall behind the foam insulation board?

This install sounds like the way they do on pre-poured/cast walls. You usually have to cut a chase for the wires and cut out for the boxes.

480sparky

Or is it the foam forms used for ICF?

Benchmark_Foam_ICF_Insulated_Concrete_Forms_Build_on_Bond_640_WML.jpg

T74

Foundation, as in the footer or floor of the basement? Or are you talking about the block wall behind the foam insulation board?

This install sounds like the way they do on pre-poured/cast walls. You usually have to cut a chase for the wires and cut out for the boxes.

As in the wall of the basement behind the insulation board

Status
Not open for further replies.