Electronically Actuated Fuses

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBUDA54

On Page 26 of the Handbook second column bottom of page it has a definition of an Electronically Actuated Fuses. I have been in the industrial Consulting sector of engineering for almost 17 years have have yet to stumble across this beast. Can someone please enlighten me what this is and who sells them and who uses them. I noticed from a google search that littlefuse has a white paper that points out a reference to the electronically acutated fuse in article 450.3A Table 9

Page 203
http://www.littelfuse.com/~/media/f...ct catalogs/littelfuse_powrgard_fuseology.pdf

When I see the article 450.3 Table 9 reference I equate the electronically actuated fuse to a circuit breaker. The handbook has commentary that says are similar to circuit breakers meaning they are different from?

Please shed some light on this subject if you have exposure.

Thanks,
Jason:?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Electronically detonated explosive charge which breaks the fusible link for instant trip while time constant is implemented by normal link melting? :)
The only difference from a breaker being one time use?

Tapatalk!

JBUDA54

Vendor Expamples

Vendor Expamples

Electronically detonated explosive charge which breaks the fusible link for instant trip while time constant is implemented by normal link melting? :)
The only difference from a breaker being one time use?

Tapatalk!

1. Who makes them?
2. Are they common in a certain industry?
3. What are the advantages of this type over conventional fuse?

Google is failing me...

Status
Not open for further replies.