Dedicated Bathroom Circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonc267

HI, So I am going to run a 12/2 from the panel into my bathroom GFCI. From the GFCI I will come off the line side and hit the switch box in the bathroom. Then I will go from that switch to the vanity light. Also from the switch I will hit the fart fan. And thats it I will not run any else. I came off the line side off the GFCI so all the lights will not go out if the GFCI trips. Is this up to code?

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
If the exhaust fan is above the shower, it may require GFCI protection. Check the instructions.
Other than that it is OK, unless there are local amendments.

jasonc267

Welcome to the Forum

How long have you been a sparky?
5 years just finished my apprenticeship last may. And I never did residential work. I got another question about code changes to light switches needing a extra neutral. I may have messed up pretty good. I ran a half days worth of 14/2 and some 14/3. Regular house. Attic above rooms i wired. no open spaces behind. I will call inspector tomorrow and ask if the township is adhering to the 2011 code book. I wonder if there is any tricks i can due to replace with an extra neutral. All romex thru out.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
No need for extra neutral . Just need to wire a neutral at the switch box. Basically no switch legs only wiring.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
5 years just finished my apprenticeship last may. And I never did residential work. I got another question about code changes to light switches needing a extra neutral. I may have messed up pretty good. I ran a half days worth of 14/2 and some 14/3. Regular house. Attic above rooms i wired. no open spaces behind. I will call inspector tomorrow and ask if the township is adhering to the 2011 code book. I wonder if there is any tricks i can due to replace with an extra neutral. All romex thru out.

If you can access above or below the light switch later to provide a neutral if needed you are ok.
Can't find it in 2008 so it may have come about in 2011.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Your install is one of 2 ways that would be compliant. The circuit can control everything in the bath and not leave the area or you can wire the bath receptacle and leave that bath and connect to other bath receptacles. 210.11(C)((3)

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
Since the OP has asked about the neutral in two other posts and the "circuit"
question has been answered, I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.