Wye-Delta Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

Oh, you mean like an autotransformer starter?
I have no idea what I mean as I was just throwing it out there in a fit of sarcasm. Would you really jack up a 400V supply like that? I've never heard of it. You think Sahib meant something like that?

He may be about to school you as soon as we hear back from the OP so standby.

We will have to make do with your post #2 until we can learn more from Sahib. Your many decades of experience may be about to be enhanced.

Besoeker

I have no idea what I mean as I was just throwing it out there in a fit of sarcasm. Would you really jack up a 400V supply like that? I've never heard of it. You think Sahib meant something like that?

He may be about to school you as soon as we hear back from the OP so standby.

We will have to make do with your post #2 until we can learn more from Sahib. Your many decades of experience may be about to be enhanced.

I'm sure our education will be enormously enhanced when he kindly provides us with the benefit of his extensive knowledge and practical experience in the field of motor control.
My anticipation knows no bounds.....:p

Sahib

Well, then continuing the thread in the sarcastic, humorous way, note that the OP mentioned the phase winding of the 400V motor is rated up to 690V as he mentioned below

I'm assuming that the phase wounding is rated up to 690V but can startup using 400V?

May be he proposes to run the motor delta connected at 690V using a step up transformer?!

mivey

Well, then continuing the thread in the sarcastic, humorous way, note that the OP mentioned the phase winding of the 400V motor is rated up to 690V as he mentioned below
and he also said the system voltage was 400V
May be he proposes to run the motor delta connected at 690V using a step up transformer?!
Doesn't it seem like changing the system voltage from 400V to 690V is an essential detail you would include, especially if you are calling out the system voltage?

Besoeker

That would be a very silly thing to do.

Besoeker

I'm assuming that the phase wounding is rated up to 690V but can startup using 400V?
The windings are 400V.
If you connect them in delta you can run the motor on a 400V system.
If you connect them in star you can run the motor on a 690V system - each winding will still have 400V across it.

Sahib

So I set out to bring to light the error in OP's idea about the motor phase winding voltage rating.

Besoeker

I just pointed out the implication from OP's statement that he was assuming the motor phase winding is rated up to 690V.
There was never any consideration given to run it in delta at 690V using a transformer. It's a total irrelevance.

Now, might I suggest that, if you have nothing constructive to add, add nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.