Feeder Conduit/Wire Combos

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Anyone have a chart off the various most frequently used combinations? Such as 2" w/4-3/0 & #6 ground. That could also be 2" w/3-3/0 & #6. Trying to generate predefined buttons in an estimating program with these different configurations that would most commonly be seen on drawings. Thanks a lot.

Joe Villani

Anyone have a chart off the various most frequently used combinations? Such as 2" w/4-3/0 & #6 ground. That could also be 2" w/3-3/0 & #6. Trying to generate predefined buttons in an estimating program with these different configurations that would most commonly be seen on drawings. Thanks a lot.

I understand what you're trying to accomplish here, believe me.

But this is one area where you don't want to screw up. This is not like missing a receptacle here or there.

What happens is your typical work is standard commercial and the typical 200 amp feeder is 4-3/0 with 1-#6awg ground, no problem.

However a public works or industrial job comes across you desk and a standard 200 amp feeder is 4-3/0 with 1- #2awg ground and an oversized conduit. Taking this off wrong will cost a lot of money, especially for multiple feeders.

My advise is for feeders no shortcuts, no "standard feeder". Take them off as the engineer/designer wants them.

Thanks

mstrlucky74

I understand what you're trying to accomplish here, believe me.

But this is one area where you don't want to screw up. This is not like missing a receptacle here or there.

What happens is your typical work is standard commercial and the typical 200 amp feeder is 4-3/0 with 1-#6awg ground, no problem.

However a public works or industrial job comes across you desk and a standard 200 amp feeder is 4-3/0 with 1- #2awg ground and an oversized conduit. Taking this off wrong will cost a lot of money, especially for multiple feeders.

My advise is for feeders no shortcuts, no "standard feeder". Take them off as the engineer/designer wants them.

Thanks

Thanks Joe.....indeed true

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.