school calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR. S

When calculating the lighting load for a school, stage lighting,using the standard method, my understanding is that I am supposed to use 1 VA per sq.foot. where is this rule stated?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
When calculating the lighting load for a school, stage lighting,using the standard method, my understanding is that I am supposed to use 1 VA per sq.foot. where is this rule stated?
Table 220.12, under the "In any of the preceding..." section, "Assembly halls and auditoriums" therein.

With that said, keep in mind this is the minimum for service and feeder load determination. You can use a higher amount, and you actually have to use a higher amount if a higher amount is connected.

MR. S

Table 220.12, under the "In any of the preceding..." section, "Assembly halls and auditoriums" therein.

With that said, keep in mind this is the minimum for service and feeder load determination. You can use a higher amount, and you actually have to use a higher amount if a higher amount is connected.

Why does stage lighting fall under assembly halls?

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Why does stage lighting fall under assembly halls?
Note it alo applies to auditoriums. Doesn't say stage specifically... just an assumption I believe most would make. Generally a stage is part of an assembly area such as an auditorium in a school.

Alsonote this is for general lighting. If the stage lighting you are asking about is not general lighting, then it is a specific load that you will have to include in the calculation at the actual connected load amount. Depending on AHJ interpretation, it could be considered as load in addition to general lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.