Duplex ground orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the NEC specify the orientation of the ground on a duplex. For example when a duplex is installed vertically does the ground get installed @ the bottom or top? If installed horizontally left or right?

kwired

Electron manager
This is a topic that has been beat to death, and actually is a taboo topic according to forum rules.

There is no such rules for orientation and there are about as many pros as there is cons to any particular orientation.

This thread is bound to be closed by the first moderator that sees it.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
This is a topic that has been beat to death, and actually is a taboo topic according to forum rules.

There is no such rules for orientation and there are about as many pros as there is cons to any particular orientation.

This thread is bound to be closed by the first moderator that sees it.

I see it and I don't care if you all want to beat it to death. Someone else may close it tho.

ry%3D400

kwired

Electron manager
I see it and I don't care if you all want to beat it to death. Someone else may close it tho.

ry%3D400

Is that a real device or a photoshopped device?

I have seen real devices similar - ground pins are typically both near the center instead of outer ends though, and they have usually been old surface mount devices but I don't know I have ever seen a flush mount duplex like that.

Of course there are those like pictured in Mark's avatar that shows us there is no right or wrong on a horizontal plane either.

Status
Not open for further replies.