230/130 volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
Seems like a no brainer bu can I use a 240v disconnect for 130/230 volt equipment?

I don't have any help, cause I'm not familiar with 130/230V systems. But I am curious. Is this a Wye connected system, 130V line to neutral, 230V line to line?

If so:
Is the 240V disconnect you are looking at a 3 pole for a piece of 3phase equipment?
Does the utilization equipment need a neutral?
Is the neutral grounded?​

Just curiousity - I always like to learn new things. I've seen 240/139V grounded Wye, 3 phase. Used where 3 phase 240V is needed and the equipment mfg does not like 240V Delta. But I am not familiar with 130/230V.

ice

kwired

Electron manager
I don't have any help, cause I'm not familiar with 130/230V systems. But I am curious. Is this a Wye connected system, 130V line to neutral, 230V line to line?

If so:
Is the 240V disconnect you are looking at a 3 pole for a piece of 3phase equipment?
Does the utilization equipment need a neutral?
Is the neutral grounded?​

Just curiousity - I always like to learn new things. I've seen 240/139V grounded Wye, 3 phase. Used where 3 phase 240V is needed and the equipment mfg does not like 240V Delta. But I am not familiar with 130/230V.

ice
If it were a wye system with 230 volts phase to phase the voltage to neutral would be just shy of 133 volts.

iceworm

Curmudgeon still using printed IEEE Color Books
Occupation
EE (Field - as little design as possible)
Status
Not open for further replies.